This season’s excavations at the ancient theatre of Phoenice were located mostly within the orchestra. A major part of the diasoma and the canal were found to be well preserved. The clearing from the canal of abandonment deposits revealed its form and function in an earlier phase. Also of interest was the discovery of a platform above the orchestra that may have served as a seat for poets. During the season several restorative interventions were also undertaken, including the replacement of decaying bricks within the scaenae frons. Further interventions were concentrated along the wall of the pulpitum where fragmented stone was replaced. The frons pulpiti, which was in a bad state of repair, was also repaired using complementary materials.
- Sandro De Maria - Università degli Studi di Bologna, Dipartimento di archeologia
- Shpresa Gjongecaj - Albanian Institute of Archaeology
- Riccardo Villicich - Universita degli Studi di Bologna
- Instituti Arkeologjik Tiranë (Albanian Institute of Archaeology)
- Università degli Studi di Bologna
- Ministero degli Affari Esteri, Italia
- No files have been added yet