Excavations in 2006 were located in three areas of the theatre: in the orchestra, the summa cavea, and the eastern annalema. Investigations of the orchestra zone led to several significant conclusions regarding its shape and size and it was confirmed that during the Roman period, the orchestra extended up to the proedria. The pavement was missing. A canal bringing in water constructed from large white slabs was also revealed in a small sondage. Material from inside the canal dated the structure to the 2nd Century AD. The excavation extended to the circular street which was paved with flagstones. Another sondage close to the wall revealed traces of an unpaved structure, which may have functioned as a bakehouse or dwelling. In contrast to the western annalema, the eastern annalema was found to have been constructed from in-situ bedrock. An inscription was found in the lower section.
- Sandro De Maria - Università degli Studi di Bologna, Dipartimento di archeologia
- Shpresa Gjongecaj - Albanian Institute of Archaeology
- Riccardo Villicich - Universita degli Studi di Bologna
- Instituti Arkeologjik Tiranë (Albanian Institute of Archaeology)
- Università degli Studi di Bologna
- Ministero degli Affari Esteri, Italia
- No files have been added yet