The excavation of the year 2008 in the theatre area revealed very interesting data regarding the cavea area. Important data also came from the excavations in the analema and the terracing system. The opening of a channel around the orchestra confirmed that the eastern ima cavea and the middle part of the eastern cavea were destroyed not only by the robbing but also by the destruction of the analema. The central cavea is better preserved. The excavation proved that the seats of the eastern cavea were carved directly in the stone. Remains of the klimakes, diazoma and the seats were also discovered. The klimakes were built with lime stones and interrupted by a parapet. A sondage undertaken 2 m above this area revealed some stone slabs on which might have been laid the seats.
- Sandro De Maria - Università degli Studi di Bologna, Dipartimento di archeologia
- Shpresa Gjongecaj - Albanian Institute of Archaeology
- Riccardo Villicich - Universita degli Studi di Bologna
- Instituti Arkeologjik Tiranë (Albanian Institute of Archaeology)
- Università degli Studi di Bologna
- Ministero degli Affari Esteri, Italia
- No files have been added yet