- The first excavation undertaken on the summit of Monte Palazzi between 14th June and the 4th July, aimed to establish the presence of walled structures on the site, a quadrangular plateau of 40 × 60 m. In the chosen area on the north-eastern edge of the pl... Read More
- New trenches opened on Monte Palazzi between 22nd May and 7th July exposed the external curtain wall of the perimeter on the north-eastern side of the site. This was preserved to six courses and was built of medium sized quadrangular ashlar blocks (30-40 c... Read More
- Excavations were undertaken between the 28th May and the 29th June over an area of about 150 m2 on the north-eastern and south-eastern sides of the site. Excavation inside the breach in the north-eastern curtain wall revealed part of the fill and the wall’... Read More
- The University of Kentucky’s final season of fieldwork at Monte Palazzi included both excavation and remote sensing and confirmed the presence of a small Greek fort on this mountaintop in south-central Calabria. Prior investigations in 2005, 2007, and ... Read More
- This site is located c. 3 km to the south of the Passo del Mercante, on the S.P. 1 di Gioia Tauro e Locri, and 0.5 km to the southwest of Piano Melìa, a small plain on a high plateau known as the Dossone della Melìa or dorsale tabulare, which separates the... Read More
- Paolo Visonà. 2010. University of Colorado / University of Kentucky Excavations at Monte Palazzi, Passo Croceferrata (Grotteria, Calabria): The 2005, 2007, and 2008 Field Seasons . FOLD&R Italy: 188.
- Paolo Visonà. 2013. University of Kentucky Archaeological Investigations at Monte Palazzi (Passo Croceferrata, Grotteria, Calabria) and in the Locrian chora in 2010-2012 . FOLD&R Italy: 281.
- Paolo Visonà. 2013. University of Kentucky Archaeological Investigations at Monte Palazzi (Passo Croceferrata, Grotteria, Calabria) and in the Locrian chora in 2010-2012. FOLD&R Italy: 1.
- Paolo Visonà. 2016. Controlling the Chora. Topographical Investigations in the Territory of Locri Epizephyrii (southeastern Calabria, Italy) in 2013-2015 . FOLD&R Italy: 351.