Only the Epigravettian levels of the deposit were investigated.
Two separate areas were looked at.
In the area outside the shelter the stratigraphic unit which was uncovered in 2001 was removed. This was constituted by a substantial mass of stone objects associated with faunal remains and other types of finds (a fragmentary nodule of hematite, several cobbles used as percussion tools). The stone objects were almost all the by-products of flaking, in particular the waste produced by the shaping, sizing and abandonment of flaked nodules (cores).
The second excavation area was in the zone directly below the shelter’s overhang, where the medieval “break in” had destroyed most of the internal deposit. Here, research involved the upper part of the Epigravettian sequence. (MiBAC)
- Luciano Salzani - Soprintendenza per i Beni Archeologici del Veneto
- Alberto Broglio - Università degli Studi di Ferrara, cattedra di Paleontologia Umana
- Antonio Guerreschi - Università di Ferrara - Dipartimento di Studi Umanistici
- Carlo Peretto - Università degli Studi di Ferrara - Dipartimento di Studi Umanistici
- Università degli Studi di Ferrara Dipartimento Risorse Naturali e Culturali
- No files have been added yet